GPS Montserrat Vespa Tour
Visit Montserrat mountain with this 7-hour self-guided tour by Vespa. Montserrat is one of the most spectacular natural parks and spiritual spots in Catalonia and is situated only 50 kms from Barcelona.
Sights & Attractions: Montserrat Mountain; Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey; Basílica of Montserrat; Black Madonna; Museum of Montserrat; Monastery of Santa Cecília of Montserrat, Monistrol de Montserrat and more.
Exploring Montserrat mountain has become, today, one of the most popular day trips in Catalonia.
Montserrat is a great day trip, this mountain reaches over 4000 feet/1236 meters high. Every year thousands of visitors – alpinists, cultural tourists, ecotourists, hikers, nature lovers, mountain bikers, pilgrims, and speleologists come to visit Montserrat.
Visit the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey which dates back to the 9th century. This abbey has always played an important role in the spiritual life of Catalonia, it’s a rite of passage to hike the mountain to watch the sunrise from the top of Montserrat. The Basilica, next to the monastery, home to the revered Black Madonna, holds also one of the monastery’s most important attractions.
See the Museum of Montserrat you will find a great collection of art masterpieces from 13th to the 20th century. It presents works from Berruguete, Caravaggio, Dali, Degas, El Greco, Monet, Picasso, Pissarro and Rusiñol among other artists. The museum also hosts art pieces from ancient Egypt and jewelry from 15th to 20th century. If you want to visit inside we suggest to you book your ticket a few days before you travel to Montserrat.
Get to know the Monastery of Santa Cecília of Montserrat, located in one of the best locations of the mountain of Montserrat, and only a five minute drive from the Sanctuary. Here you will see a Roman Church dating back from the 11th century with abstract art inside, designed in the early 20th century by the modernist architect Joseph Puig i Cadafalch.
Stop at Monistrol de Montserrat, known as well as Montserrat-Vila, is situated on the eastern flank of the massif above the valley of Llobregat river. It is connected with the with the monastery and with the railway station – Cremallera de Montserrat. Here you will also find great restaurants and bars to get to know local gastronomy.
Since there is so much to see and plenty of places to take pictures, you want to be there for a few hours. That’s why we prepared to you this 7-hour Self-Guided tour – to discover this very unique place by vespa.
- Vespa Primavera 125cc
- GPS route
- 2 Helmets
- Phone holder
- USB charger
- 24h Road Assistance
- Storage at office for your personal belongings
Know before you go:
- You will be asked to pay a deposit of 200.00€, per Vespa. This will be refunded once you return with Vespa and accessories.
- You can comfortably have two persons on the Vespa, the price will remain the same.
- In the moment you return your Vespa you must refill fuel tank. any difference in the gasoline level will be charged with an additional cost of €15.00.
- Montserrat is on top of a mountain and many times there is strong wind. Dress warmly, according with weather conditions.
Know before you book:
- High level of riding experience needed to this route – bear in mind you will have to ride your Vespa in highways and mountain roads.
- We require a driving license valid in Spain – European Driving License or International Driving License valid in Europe.
- This self-guided tour does not include entrance fees to attractions.
- Barcelona Segwayday – Carrer d’En Rull 2, 08002 Barcelona (Gothic Quarter)
Pick up time slots:
- 10:00am | 10:30am